Happy Friday! If you celebrate the Easter holiday, I hope you have a really nice Easter weekend. I’m heading home tomorrow so I can attend church with my family. It’s the same church I attended growing up and the people there are like extended family; I’m looking forward to seeing everyone. Enjoy these reads and have a great weekend!
- Thoughts on Spring and dealing with tough times.
On the Internets
- Why “Men And Women Can Never Be ‘Just Friends’ ” is Bullshit
- Approaching the 10 year anniversary of the shooting at Virginia Tech, a look at the way Virginia and VT have changed the way they handle mental health.
- Summer shouldn’t be open season on women’s bodies, and we should be able to put on a comfy spring dress to go shopping without fear that someone will harass us, or worse.
- What happens when an African American woman decides to solo-hike the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine during a summer of bitter political upheaval?
- A lost Roman city (and beautiful mosaics!) have been discovered in southern France.
- The Maine shares how they escaped the confines of a record label and still managed to grow a huge fanbase over the past 10 years. (Sidenote – their new album Lovely Little Lonely is incredible! On repeat over here, nonstop.)
- How to Travel With a Chronic Condition by Jordan of Wayfaring with Wagner
- Welcoming Them In by Victoria of Through For By
- 10 Things to Teach My Son by Mel of Melodramatic Adventures
- 13 Reasons Why Teenagers Need Feminism (Part 1) & (Part 2) by Brita of Belle Brita
- How to Do Disney: A Guide by a Former Cast Member by Lia of Practical Wanderlust