It has been a rough week. Things haven’t really worked out as planned (at work or with plans we’ve made) and I think I’d rather spread the love through links today than ramble on. Dan and I were supposed to have a friend visiting this weekend (those plans fell through) so we suddenly have an entire weekend to do whatever we come up with. Here’s to those spontaneous days! Have a happy weekend friends!
- On Monday I shared a guide on visiting The High Line, including which subway lines will get you closest to each entry point and a few restaurant recommendations in the area.
- These are my 10 Biggest Fears Living in New York City.
- Difficult People I’m loving this new Hulu Original TV show starring Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner! Hilarious!
- Miriam of Farm Girl shared “Just Be,” reminding us all to slow down and really enjoy the little moments.
- Daisy of Simplicity Relished explains why it’s so great that Thanksgiving isn’t heavily marketed.
- Emelia of Dream Big & Buy the Shoes explained why she blogs, and I’m right there with her. Alanna of Alanna & Co shares similar feelings.
- Thank you to Sara from Sara Sees for introducing me to the lovely world of Quinta da Regaleira. I’ve added it to my travel bucket list!
- Anne of Love the Here and Now found the perfect blog planner (or just planner in general) and I think I’m going to have to buy one!
On the Internets
- I just love Clare Bowen, who plays Scarlett on ABC’s Nashville. (My fav! Her and the show.) During Wednesday night’s episode she shared this photo and beautiful story, and she’s even more lovely than before. (Was the possible?)
- Haley Williams joined her boyfriend’s band New Found Glory on stage for Halloween dressed as the Stay Puft Marshmallow and reminds everyone how fun she is.
- Star Wars + Thomas Kinkade
- Spanish and Arabic sound insanely similar! This project (and the history behind it all) is really fascinating.
- You’ve heard of cat cafes, but have you heard of this cat pub in the UK? Cider and kitties, yes please!
- UVA researchers have discovered a link between the brain and the immune system, which may be the answer to solving various different neurological disorders and diseases!
- This has to be one of the most relatable Humans of New York stories I’ve read in a while.
- Why The Trend of Adoption Crowdfunding Makes Me Uncomfortable < amen. (If this is you currently, don’t be immediately offended. Read the article and hear her out. Adoptees deserve to have a voice and it will be incredibly important for you to hear it as an adoptive parent.)